I've mentioned middle school twice in the last week. First, in regard to sitting with cool girls, and second in regard to my so-called life and rolling out of bed and into awkward sweaters (directly below).


This photo feature made me think of it even more. I think it's interesting that our generation has come to glorify not just the fashion of the decades of our childhood --even the lifestyles and the style of taking pictures have become trendy again, for goodness sake-- during a time when our children themselves are so desperately gripping adulthood by the balls and forcing it down their throats.
I know this is a history that repeats itself, but I think most will agree that while we're trying to look and feel like we're back in the 1990s and beyond, our little (little) girls could school us about all things 21st c. Including (not limited to!) boobies and iPhones.

When we were pregnant I thought I really wanted a girl. Now whenever we get out and see what these girls are influenced by, I see that the uphill battle would have been more like scaling a wall.

No comments: