sandra eterovic's work
(and her blog)


______
______


(Likey? See more in visuals)


____





So this morning I woke up to find unexpectedly that one of the treasuries I recently made had more "views" than usually would. I thought, how strange. I also noticed that more people commented than was usual, and that many of them were not the featured sellers. For those of you who are unfamiliar, this too is strange if you're still living hidden in the Etsy woodwork, as I am. For those of you who are familiar, I'm obviously a rookie and am about to look even stupider to you.

{by the way, it just so happens I featured the very same items in the living section just last night! Check them out there, too...}

Some of the comments were strange to me, and I began to wonder what someone meant when they said, "Lovely FP!" and "Congrats!" and "Ideal FP!"

What was this 'FP'? One seemingly bitter commenter even exclaimed, "You can't be serious," and, still naive, I said aloud to Andrew, "Kidding about what? What are they talking about?" It was Andrew who figured it out. My treasury must have been featured on the Etsy front page! (FP - okay, duh.)

Okay, so maybe I slept through it, but I still got a little giddy. I know, I know. It's really not a huge deal, but for me it feels like it for the moment. It means I'm one step closer to all of this hard work paying off by at least being a little noticed on a site so enormous.

Does this remind anyone else of being asked to sit at the cool kid's table? Am I inflating the situation too much?

Oh god, I'm having horrible middle school flashbacks*...

*A note on the flashback comment: several hours after posting this my dad stopped by for a short visit. We got to talking about my childhood education, of all things (my god, there's a story for another day,) and he happened to mention myself as a 7th and 8th-grader, and my determination to become one of the Cool girls. What a coincidence! Har har har...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoop whoop!
It was a good one
xx