While Abbott naps this morning I'm rushing about trying to get things in order for this weekend: friends are coming for a two-day visit before we journey with them up to Philadelphia for a week long vacation. I'm sweeping, dusting, doing laundry and, yep, procrastinating. Who cares? This morning when I woke at 5:30 it was already warm-ish outside. Birds were chipping and the squirrels made their first appearance since the beginning of winter. Such a nice surprise made me not care that I was awake so early. (I am super sleepy, however.)




At first I was sort of bummed to find out that it's going to be cold after all when I'm up in Philly and New York next week. But then I thought, No, bring it, Winter. One last time. If it's warming up down south for real (the squirrels and the birds certainly seem convinced that it is,) that means I can pack away our sweaters when I return. Why not use them one last time? I hated winter so much this year, I think I'll try to buddy up to it this week just for a change of attitude.








And suddenly, some more inspiration:

I know I'm not the only actress who looks up to Kate Winslet, but she's done something to me since I was a young girl watching Sense and Sensibility with Ma. Sometimes when I feel like my motivation is lagging, I look at this photo. As I pack my bags I'm muttering audition monologues
under my breath, just to get in the spirit. I happened to take a break, log into Pinterest and here she was again. Coincidence? Thanks again, lady.

(everything courtesy of Bonnie Tsang, who can always be counted on to cheer me up.)

No comments: